Friday 7 May 2010

Another Good Note

                I watched the video again this morning of the good news and feel that my expression is not the best representation of how I really feel about everything.  I love that when I write I can put the nausea away, I can sit and focus and allow my heart to be without the ever presence of the physical things that would threaten to change it. 
                At any rate, it is a sobering thing to know what is to come with the transplant.  There is no shortage of reason to be anything less than afraid.  However with this, today I have every ounce of courage a man could have.  Just three weeks ago I checked in for an induction phase of chemo.  Sure enough it has been nothing more than life threatening and challenging on all kinds of levels, but I am still here.  Not only that but the momentum of surviving yet another section of this story and coming out with more than I started, gives me even more strength. 
                This next time will be a time of rejoicing.  I still have several doses of chemo for my brain and my cells.  I will be doing them here at the hospital and from clinic.  Today however the docs came in and told me though I will still need to be monitored closely, but that I am able to leave the hospital.  Er visits and clinic visits will be on a day to day and as needed basis, but know this.  3 weeks ago I came to the hospital with the unknown of treatment ahead.  I came with a body full of cancer, again and I did it with the strength of all of you, the presence of angels and the hope of a good woman.  Today I come out of the hospital nearly 20 pounds lighter, without hair, and with a different cellular count.  But today I COME OUT CANCER FREE AGAIN, holding the hand of a Great woman, and with the un doubtable continued knowledge that God has a plan and we are all a part of it.  May we all be so blessed as I am this day.  I pray in gratitude, I give my thanks to each of you and I look forward to the miracles to come, even at the great cost of faith for each of us. 
As always Have Heart-
                C is still for Chad-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT!!!! Really??? So you got to breath some fresh air? I don't completely understand, does this mean that you will be able to live outside the hospital and receive treatment? I am so excited that your body is so tough. I am so relieved that your spirits are high and that you have your sweetheart, or as you called her in the hospital in 2008.."a possible potential!" I could not be happier for you. You have inspired me over and over again. Keep up the greatness. Thanks Chad for letting me experience this with you. Thanks for everything you stand for and for all that you are. Much love. Rebecca Morton

Zack said...

Very, very inspiring Chad. Your brother is right, Cancer has indeed picked a fight with the wrong Hombre. C is still for Chad.

Zack Leister