Saturday 1 March 2008

Chemo Update Round 3

Round 3 So round 3 started on new years. The crew (Tom, Sam, and Sarah oh and my Mom) came up and we played Settlers of Catan. After a few rounds and as the new year was closing in, I started cheating in the game, profusely. I believe it was the premeds for chemo, either way, Sam and I had a great time!!
I headed to bed a bit early and as I layed there in a very sick and drugged state, I thought about the year and its ups and downs. I had lived in Hawaii, had back surgery, moved from Fresno, and said goodbye to a loved friend. As I thought about all of these things and I felt the new year coming on, I was also very aware, of how full my life is. And whether or not this cancer has the stamina for a fight, I do, and that makes a difference. So I began round 4 Methotrexate.
Well the round did not go as planned, the drug, Meth should have cleared in 4-5 days. Some 24 days later, I was finally at an acceptable and functional kidney rate. So during this run, while all of my cancerous cells were obliterated some of my organs took a vacation. My kidneys, gallbladder, liver, spleen, lungs and heart all decided their new years resolution, was at least 1 day off a week. Anyway after lots of prayer, and a whole lot of drugs and waiting, everything resumed its normal activity. ( the next round of Meth will be augmented, as not to destroy The Chad)

No comments: